13 August 2010

"From Draft to Post" Series - Rant #1

I have this terrible secret that I have been holding within myself for the past 4 years, that I was ashamed someone would find out.... which is that I have 'drafts'!!!! Yes, at any given time, my posts page on my dashboard is filled with at least 10 drafts in that weird orange color. I look at them and wonder what the heck happened right in between my 'creative process' that forced me to completely and irrefutably forget that I was actually spilling my soul on some important topic?!?!?!? (Like just now...you know...major spilling of soul...:P)

Anyway, I do not have the heart to delete these posts, since I obviously spent a lot of thought and effort on them. But then again, I can't really finish them and publish them as proper posts, because quite frankly, I CAN'T...like, I don't know what in the world I was talking about, and where I was actually headed with all this ranting...

Let me warn you (I realize that this here blog is filled with too many warnings...probably your cue to run for your life...No? Okay, whatever, suit yourself....)...Where was I? Oh yeah, so let me warn you that this is going to make no sense...but you know, I need to do this...like a burp that's stuck in my throat, and I know that it is probably not very polite to burp, but then, HECK, I neeeeeed to let it outta my chest throat...So, here goes...

Post Title: The Dark Knight - Christopher Nolan (apparently supposed to be very thrilling...)
"Here is a story that has been coming to you year after year, trying to convince you that a certain masked hero is for real, and that he is going to save the world. There was Spiderman...he came, acted in 1 great and 2 not so great films, and he went on his way. His friends, family, girlfriend, and villains all had this plastic-like glow around them as if to say, "Okay, we seem real...but we're really not that real." And he went away...
There was Daredevil, Hulk, IronMan, XMen, the Fantastic Four, Superman etcetera. All of them acted out their parts without taking themselves too seriously. Except for Mr. Batman here. Why is there a Batman Begins after the world has seen dozens of films about the masked crusader or whatever he is. How many times are we supposed to tolerate the same characters played by different actors, each in a more hideous costume than the previous one? And why do they have to rope in Morgan Freeman? Is it because they're afraid they won't be taken seriously otherwise? And Christian Bale? Why...Why? On a totally unrelated note, does Christian Bale always act in movies where he is not required to smile, because he is not capable of smiling...just thinking out loud...never mind...

Now, the Joker...and Heath Ledger in character....now you're talking!"

(at this point the narrator's voice peters out, and said narrator stares at empty space, totally clueless of what she was talking about!)

And then this picture, no less....

No comments:

Skinny Kids Can Be Healthy Too

My husband and I were waiting at the bus stop, and an old lady who we've never met before came up to us and said, "Don't you ...