26 June 2009

In Memorium

It has been a really long time since I posted here.  The past couple of weeks have been especially hard for me.  My dad (Mr. C. Mohandoss) passed away on 13th June, 2009.  He was 57 years old and died of a massive heart attack.  My family, especially my mother, is devastated.  Mom (Mrs. Vijaya Mohandoss) cannot imagine a life without my dad, but is forced to swallow her grief and get on with life for the sake of my little sister (Jone Dorothy, age 22) and my brother (Jacob Timothy, age 18).

We still can't believe that he is gone.  At the funeral, for the first time, I saw how so many people had been touched through my dad's life and testimony.  He was a man of God, and a wonderful human being.  I can only hope to be half as good as him.

I wish he were still here, because we feel we lost the corner stone that supported this family. But we owe it to his memory to be strong and to be the best at whatever we do, just like he was during his life on earth, and just like he wanted us to be.

My father, who taught me confidence, self-respect, enthusiasm and creativity; who inspired in me the love for writing, books, and music; my dad will be missed for as long as this family goes on.

Dad, we love you forever....

My Dad with Debbie

No comments:

Skinny Kids Can Be Healthy Too

My husband and I were waiting at the bus stop, and an old lady who we've never met before came up to us and said, "Don't you ...